I don't always take a handbag wherever I go. Sometimes I use a small one that only fits my phone and purse, but usually I'll just stuff them in my pockets! And I mostly use a backpack or messenger bag for school, although I might take a handbag if we don't need many books that day.

This is the handbag I'm currently using. It's a pink/lilac Burberry one, even though it looks brownish in this photo! Sorry for the lighting in these pictures by the way, I've tried to edit the brightness and contrast a bit so it's not too bad! So this bag also has longer detachable handle so you can carry it as a shoulder bag.

Something I always take with me is a book! I'm currently reading Looking for Alaska by John Green, and I'm really liking it so far. I kind of like it more than The Fault In Our Stars, actually! I like to read while I'm in the bus or car, or if I'm waiting for something or someone, whether it be magazines or books, but I do prefer books over mags. My phone doesn't have it's own Internet connection, so unless there's (free) wifi somewhere, I'll just spend my time reading!

Another must is my notebook/journal! I'm not very active at keeping a journal, but I try to have it in my bag in case there's suddenly something I want to write down or draw. It's also fun to doodle in when I'm bored, and I think journalling is a great way of being more creative! This notebook originally had a cover with characters from the children's show Mia & Me, because it was given to my little sister, but she didn't want it and gave it to me. The cover was cute, all pink fluffy unicorns, but I didn't fit my style, so I cut out different pictures from magazines and glued them on as a collage. I think it turned out quite nice, really hipstery and like those pictures you see on Tumblr and Instagram, you know!

Next I have my pencil case! I got it as a present from my relative who went to China. I don't know if that's a character from an existing anime or manga, but I think she's really cute, and so is the little ferret! This is the same pencil case I use in school, I have the basic pencils, pens, eraser, ruler, sharpener and highlighter, and then a bunch of Stabilo markers. Even if I don't have my pencil case with me I make sure to have at least a pen or pencil somewhere in my bag!

Then I have the case for my glasses! I'm near-sighted, so I wear glasses most of the time, but sometimes I take the case with me when I think I might have to take them off during the day. I got this case for free from the optician, she was going to give me this boring, black one but my glasses didn't fit in it or in any of the other plain-looking cases, so I got this one. I really like the leopard print of it!

Then I have my purse! It's quite small, but it has two parts, one where I keep my keys, and the other where I keep my money and library card. And yeah, that's Olive Oyl from the comic Popeye, haha!


I don't wear makeup, except for parties and other special occasions, so I don't take any kind of makeup bag with me. I usually just have this compact mirror/brush, some lip balm and a nail file with me. The lip balms I have here are Maybelline's Baby Lips Peach Kiss and Intense Care. I bought the nail file in some shop in Barcelona, or was it Berlin, I don't remember, anyway because it says "NO MORE NAIL BITING" which is the kind of reminder I need!
So that's basically what I keep in my bag! Sometimes I have some chewing gum or mints with me, but I had just finished my last pack of mints so... Oh, and also feminine products, you know what I mean! And when I take this bag to school I obviously have my schoolbooks and locker key with me, and I'll leave my purse at home because there's always the risk of it being stolen.
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this post, and have lovely day!
Xx,
Mary
No comments:
Post a Comment