But last month I've really loved this nail polish from Mavala, in the colour "pink gold". You can't really tell from the picture, but the colour is really adorable and isn't too bright, but it's still quite special because of having both gold and pink in it.

As for fashion, this grey sweater is probably my favourite right now. Unfortunately I don't know where it's from. It's really comfy, the pattern is cool and it's just perfect for a cold January day!

For music, lately I've been listening to Panic! at the Disco a lot. P!atD is a pop rock/pop punk band from Las Vegas formed in 2004 and has the current lineup of vocalist and guitarist Brendon Urie and bassist Dallon Weekes. My favourite song by them has got to be Nails For Breakfast, Tacks For Snacks. I like the lyrics and the catchy chorus, I think it's a really good song!
I finally found the 8th series of Doctor Who online, which is great because they don't have it on Netflix. Doctor Who is a British sci-fi tv show about The Doctor, a time lord who travels through time and space in his spaceship the TARDIS (which is bigger on the inside). There's drama, a lot of action, suspense, a bit of horror, and it's awesome. So far the 8th series isn't as good as the previous seasons, but it's interesting to follow the relationship between The Doctor and his companion Clara, now that he's regenerated. I'd say this season has more drama than the previous ones, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Currently I'm reading The Unknown Soldier by Väinö Linna. It's a historical novel set in the Continuation War between Finland and Russia, and it's told from the point of view of ordinary soldiers. Normally I don't like to read books in Finnish, but in Finnish class we're doing a project on classic novels and I thought this one could be interesting. And I wasn't wrong. The novel has action, comedy, tragedy, and it just shows how real war is. There are so many different characters, and they're all interesting and unique. It's quite long, and a bit heavy to read in the original language as it was written in the 50s and the dialogue is written in dialects, which can be difficult to understand. I don't know how i'ts like in the English translation, though.

So there are my January favourites! Right now I'm on winter break, which is cool. I don't know if you have this in your country, but here winter break is different from Christmas holiday, which takes place around Christmas and New Year. Winter break is a week long holiday, also called ski break or sport break, because you're supposed to go skiing or do other winter sports or something when there's lots of snow around this time of the year in February. Except there's hardly been any snow this year... I don't even own skis and my ice skates broke, so I'm just staying at home. And it sucks because none of my friends ever invite me to hang out with them or anything...
Those are some photos I took on my phone while I went for a walk yesterday, at around 8 p.m. There's something strange about going for a walk when it's dark, especially in winter. The air is crisp and chilly, and at some places with little light pollution you could see the stars. And especially in a small town like this when there's hardly anyone out and about after dark, it can feel like you're the only person out there, and the air is still, and it's very magical. I need to go for walks like this more often!
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this blog post! Tell me what your January favourites are, I'd love to hear about them! Have a great day,
xx,
Mary

Thank you so much, I'm so glad you like it! :)
ReplyDelete