Tuesday, 23 December 2014

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

It certainly is! I went to the mall this morning (morning! I usually sleep until like 1pm on holidays...), and it was so very Christmassy with toys in the shop windows and Christmas lights hanging from the ceiling and strung around little trees here and there. I was going to go to the bookstore, but I was there so early it wasn't open, only the grocery stores were! Oh well.

Yesterday I was helping out at my big sister's restaurant for the first time. I've helped out in her café before, but then I was back in the kitchen washing dishes and preparing sandwiches and cakes. This time, in the restaurant, I was supposed to be handing out menus to the customers and so on. My sister told me to sit behind the cashier so I wouldn't be in the way in the kitchen, while she herself was running back and forth between the kitchen and the rest of the restaurant. It was really awkward whenever someone came to the cashier to pay, because I literally had no idea what to do. So I'd stand there mumbling, "Sorry I... I don't really know how this works, er, please wait a minute" and then I'd kind of wave my sister to come take over. Well that was embarrassing. She also asked me to take the orders, but I refused to, because I clearly suck at talking to people. What if I wrote down the wrong order or table number? So I just handed the menus to customers (even then I didn't really know what I was supposed to say!) and cleaned the tables after they left. But she said that I did well and maybe next time I could do something harder (meaning actually talk to people). I don't know how I should feel about that...

Here some wintery photos from this week:











Anyway, have a nice day!

Xx,
Mary















No comments:

Post a Comment