
This has been my outfit for today. I'm wearing a lilac t-shirt and a white cardigan (with pockets! I hate it when there aren't any pockets.) that my big sister recently bought me. Unfortunately I don't know where they're from. The grey jeans are from H&M.
I also thought I'd share with you some little watercolour paintings I did during the Christmas holiday. I haven't really been painting anything since school started, I really should start doing that again!

I got inspiration for this painting from the doll Princess Autumn mentioned in Zoella's Girl Online. I pictured her with curlier and a little darker hair actually, but I didn't really know how to draw corkscrew curls so I went with more wavy hair!

This is a dalek, an alien from the British tv show Doctor Who. I actually think they look quite cute, haha! They may look like robots but it's actually an outer shield protecting it's true form. And they always say "Exterminate!" as you may have guessed...

And then just some cute lil' plants! I love plants, especially succulents and cacti, I have like 10 different cacti and they all have their own names, lol!
By the way, yesterday I read about a neurological phenomenon called synesthaesia, specifically grapheme-colour synaesthesia. According to Wikipedia:
In one common form of synesthesia, known as grapheme → color synesthesia or color-graphemic synesthesia, letters or numbers are perceived as inherently colored.
I suggest you look it up if you want to understand it more. But I always thought it was a really normal thing, something everyone has! So I was really surprised to find out that not everyone associates different colours to numbers, letters and words etc. For example, for me the number 5 has always been dark green, and the letter K is orange. And words too, especially names of people or months, like September is yellow and Cecilia is turquoise. I bet for some of you this sounds really weird, but I've never thought of it as anything strange! My dad had no idea what I was talking about, but then again my little sister and my friends understood. During the maths lesson, when I asked them if they imagine grahemes with colours, it turns out they did too. For some they had to concentrate hard to perceive the colours, but I'm one of those who doesn't really have to think about it, like the colour is already a part of the grapheme. And then we spent the rest of the lesson discussing how each of us imagine different names and numbers, which was really interesting!
Anyway, I hope you liked this post, and have a great day,
Xx,
Mary
Your great at drawing and I love the layout of your bog !!!
ReplyDeletehttp://itscaitlinsblog.blogspot.co.uk
Thank you Caitlin!xx
DeleteI've nominated you for the liebster award. All the information you need is over on my post :) make sure to come over and leave a comment telling me that you have done it, so that I can check Your post out xx
ReplyDeletehttp://itscaitlinsblog.blogspot.co.uk